Project Erasmus+ ESCAPAdE
This project is coordinated by Montpellier SupAgro and funded by the European program Erasmus+ strategic partnership for Innovation. Six other European universities (University of Prague (Czech Republic), University of Madrid (Spain), University of Ancona (Italy), Democratius University of Thrace (Greece), University of Vienna, BOKU (Austria), University of Uppsala (Sweden) and 22 international partners are involved.
The project Erasmus+ ESCAPAdE associates professional and academics within a network of complementary expertise and visions. It aims to favour the adequation between the academic formation and the stakeholder’s needs, in different sectors such as plant breeding, crop protection, crop production, management of the biodiversity.
The project Erasmus+ ESCAPAdE aims to adapt pedagogy and the contents of training programmes to professional needs in Applied Plant Sciences and favour the student’s academic mobility.
A portal dedicated to academic mobility
For enhancing the academic mobility between the seven university partners, a dedicated portal presenting the different academic tracks on « Applied Plant Sciences » proposed in each university will be soon available. The students will be able to choose the tracks and the disciplines depending on different criteria. Information on grants via the Erasmus+ dispositive will be also provided.
Tracks in Plant Sciences are very diverse. For Montpellier SupAgro, they especially concern :
- The Plant Sciences track, (semester 8, level Master 1, in English)
The three specialisations in Plant productions, biodiversity for sustainable agriculture (Semesters 9, level Master 2, in French)
• Plant breeding, Mediterranean and tropical crops engineering
• Plant protection and environment
• Sustainable crop production
- Internships in Agropolis Research community in Plant Sciences (Semester 10) : in plant breeding, biodiversity, biological control… in several labs/Joint Research Units: CBGP, BGPI, AGAP, LEPSE, CEFE, BPMP
Two summer schools
Two summer schools will be organised in order to exchange on innovative pedagogical methods used by the eight partners. These methods will be then experimented during the two summer schools, one in 2020 at Prague (Czeck republic) and one in 2021 in Alnarp (Sweden).
A three-year’s project
The kick off meeting of the Erasmus+ ESCAPAdE occurred on 23, 24 and 25 October 2018 at Montpellier with professors and the staff of international relation services of the eight universities partners.
This three-year’s project is coordinated by Dominique This, professor at the department Biology and Ecology, and supported by the international service of Montpellier SupAgro. The challenge for Escapade project is to extend the network to other European universities and increase / encourage / support academic mobility of students for the different thematics in Plant Sciences.
Contact: Dominique THIS, email@example.com
22 international partners
- AETC (Asociacion Espanola de Tecnicos Cerealistas), Spain
- AFPP (Association Française de Protection des Plantes), France
- Agroservice S.p.A., Italy
- Agrovegetal, Spain
- American genetics, Italy & Greece
- Biobest, Belgium
- Casas de Hualdo S.L., Spain
- Centre Français du Riz, France
- CSAL (Cesky spolek pro Agrolesnictvi), Czech Republic
- ESA (European Seed association), Belgium
- Gautier semences, France
- GNIS (Groupement National Interprofessionnel des Semences et plants), France
- Inra (Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique), France
- Koppert, Netherlands
- Lantmannen, Sweden
- NordGen (Nordic Genetic Resource Centre) (NordGen), Sweden
- Nordic seed, Sweden & Danemark
- Plant Response biotech S.L., Spain
- Rijk Zwaan, Netherlands
- SAIS (Societa Agricola Italiana Sementi S.p.A), Italy
- TERPENIX Botanicals, Czech Republic
- UIPP (Union des Industries de la Protection des Plantes), France