Summer Courses : language, culture & career "Made in France"
Montpellier SupAgro welcomed, this summer, 90 students from 17 different countries participating either in the second edition of the summer school "French Language & Culture" or the fifth edition of the summer school "Agri-Cultures" . The students follow a two-month intensive training in French language supplemented by a program of cultural activities for some and an internship in a local family farm for others. These programs aim to facilitate their integration into a French higher education school that the international student will integrate next September for the follow up of their studies.
The summer school "French Language & Culture"
This year, it counts 70 non-french-speaking students mainly from Brazil and others from Chile, Argentina and Russia since 1st July until 29th August 2014 They will receive intensive training of 100 hours of French as a Foreign Language (FLE) per month (whether 22 hours per week) organized by Languages and Civilizations Department. The French courses focus on scientific vocabulary. Two-thirds of students attend the entire training and one third of them will follow the courses in August only, depending of their level.
To promote their immersion in France, 50 hours per month of educational and cultural activities are added to their language program:
- Visits to local site part of French heritage such as Montpellier, Avignon, Carcassonne, Nimes, Arles, Saint-Guilhem-le-Desert, Aigues-Mortes and the Salins du Midi;
- Artistic and gastronomic activities: flamenco dance class; concert at the Festival Radio France; wine tasting with teacher-researchers of Montpellier SupAgro and discovery of "Estivales de Montpellier" events.
From September 2014, these students will be directed to a French higher education school in the sciences, agricultural sciences, veterinary or technologies: AgroParisTech ENGEES, ENSAT, ENVT, Montpellier School of Chemistry (ENSCM), Mines d'Alès (EMA) and VetAgroSup. More than twenty of them will continue their Postgraduate studies at Montpellier SupAgro.
The summer school "Agri-Cultures"
It started on 1st July and will end the 27th August 27, It welcomed 20 international students from 13 different nationalities (Europe: Italy, Spain, France, Denmark, Netherlands, Serbia and Ukraine; America: Nicaragua, Colombia and Mexico, Asia: Thailand, Africa: Ethiopia and Tunisia).
In July, they participate in an intensive French language training of 80 hours of French courses and French with Academic Purposes, supplemented by educational and cultural activities such as:
- Orientation Rally, night tour, participation at the Estivales de Montpellier,
- Visits to the city of Carcassonne, Nîmes, Pont-du-Gard, trekking at the Pic Saint Loup,
- Tasting of local products and visits of local farms ,
- Introduction to French theater, cooking, music and cinema.
In August, they will conduct an individual three-week internship in a family farm in Languedoc-Roussillon. These students will continue their studies in Master's Degree or pursue their PhD Studies at Montpellier SupAgro in September 2014.