A.Baitursynov Kostanay State University works at PDC managers’ training at SupAgro October 20-24, 2014.
The following issues are covered:
– Ways to interact with professionals
– Results of surveys on professional relationships Universities-Professionals. The results are crucial for the implementation of the project. It is decided to do the analysis per country and per university. The results will be used to promote interaction with professionals.
– Internships: overview of RU & KZ practices. SUPAGRO shared their experience on internships’ practices. KSU, PSU and KATU proposed to introduced some changes in internships in KZ universities:
- Change of periods of internship: Internship must be seasonal in accordance with the technological chain of companies (SS will have an opportunity to participate in all of the activities of the company) The period of internship can be agreed with the company.
- Academic calendar can be flexible. Individual approach should be applied to internship if the company orders training for the master student.
- “Gap year” for students who pay for their master study themselves
- Students should have an opportunity to improve their research and practical skill via internship at companies and research institutes
– Continuing education. SUPAGRO practices encouraged partner universities to propose the ways to improve continuing education via creating partnership with local enterprises and SUPAGRO as experts on training
– Training on designing the questionnaires for skills needs provided tools and ideas on data collection
The partners have many tasks to perform after the discussion with the project team members, university administration and companies.