Study Trajectory: Plant Health
ECTS credits: 60
This study trajectory provides the students with the necessary skills to Diagnose and identify plant health issues, Detect the causes of these issues, Appraise the consequences taking into account the different time and space dimensions and Develop technical solutions which are economically viable and eco-friendly for the environment and health.
The graduates will practice their skills in the following fields:
- Expertise and advice in crop protection
- Decision-making on a territorial scale
- Chemical, biological control of bio aggressors and the assessment of the consequences after using these control tools
- Private or public research in crop protection
- Agriculture and natural environment engineering
- Engineering and research
- Research and development
Students: Graduates of a four year degree programme (equivalent of Level A +4 or BSc +4) or higher in the fields of biology or agronomy M1 Agronomy & Agricultural Sciences and Technologies.
Professionals employed in the agricultural production, consulting or environmental sectors may be admitted in the framework of their companies’ training plans or on personal training leave. Validation of experience and the organisation of the classes in credit units make it possible to offer individual training plans adapted to each individual’s situation. The coursework can be completed over a longer period of time if needed.
Crop protection is made up of the combination and integration of a number of different scientific disciplines. The course is organised over time between the different sites in order to ensure both a multidisciplinary pathway and the adaptability of students to a range of jobs.
Special emphasis is given to the study of interactions between:
- organisms (plants/pests/antagonists)
- on the biology of populations (epidemiology, dynamics and the genetics of populations)
- on current methods of studying them (detection, identification, quantification and modelling)
The course is developed in a systematic and integrated way as production systems evolve. You will also learn about eco-toxicology and risk management (loss of harvest, economic risks, environmental risks, and public health risks)
The M2 course lasts one whole academic year
Semester 9 (30 ECTS)
The courses are mainly in common with the 'Engineer in Agricultural Sciences' specialization courses in 'Plant protection and environment'.
Teaching units at Montpellier SupAgro :
- Statistics and data processing 1
- Knowledge and biopest characterization
- Plant resistance to pathogens
- Biological control
Teaching units at Agrocampus Ouest : :
- Statistics and data processing 2
- Agroecology (Rennes site)
- Pathology of seeds and young plants (Angers site)
- Language: English (Rennes site)
Teaching units at AgroParistech:
- Integrated crop protection
- Chemical Ecology
Teaching unit of personal work at the three institutions.
The 9th semester of the training programme takes place in two accredited institutions associated to AgroParisTech. It is divided into 8 weeks at Montpellier SupAgro, 8 weeks at Agrocampus Ouest (7 weeks in Rennes campus and 1 week on Angers campus) and 8 weeks at AgroParisTech (Paris campus)
Semester 10 (30 ECTS)
the Internship and the Master thesis
The six month internship is the final stage of the Master of Science Degree. It aims at highlighting the learning and methods acquired during semesters 7, 8 and 9 and at achieving a professional experience in a very popular sector for students. For the internship, an agreement between the home and host institutes is necessary.
The choice of the internship,the subject of the Master thesis, the methodology and the work schedule are defined by the trainee and his internship supervisor upon the agreement of the academic supervisors and any protagonists involved in the supervision. It is followed by a presentation of the Master Thesis.
In order to apply to the Master’s program, you must complete the application form available online
The applications for the academic year are open until April 14th, 2017.
(*) Complete Master Degree (M1 + M2)= 10 500€*
Next Year start
For further information please contact
Phone : +33 (0)4 99 61 20 12
2 place Pierre Viala, 34060 Montpellier Cedex 2, France
Professor Serge Kreiter
Professor Anne Le Ralec
AGROCAMPUS OUEST - Centre de Rennes
Lecturer Lilian Gout
Lecturer Nicolas Chen
AGROCAMPUS OUEST - Centre d'Angers
Agropcampus Ouest and AgroParisTech
Montpellier SupAgro (La Gaillarde Campus) - Institute for Higher Education in Tropical Agri-food Industry and Rural Development ( La valette Campus) - Agropcampus Ouest (Rennes) and Agrocampus Ouest (Angers Centre) - AgroParisTech
- Environmental Management of Ecosystems and Tropical Forest
- Livestock Farming Systems
- Markets, Organizations, Food Quality, Services in Southern Agriculture
- Plant Health
- Resources, Agricultural Systems and Development
- Seeds & Plants in Mediterranean and Tropical Regions
- Vinifera Euromaster (M1+M2)
- Viticulture, Enology, Vine & Wine Economics and Management (M1+M2)
Contact Master 3A
>> More Information
If you have a Campus France Office in your country and you wish to apply, you must contact and then submit a first application at your Campus France Office prior to applying for the M.Sc. Degree course in Agronomy and Agri-food Sciences & Technologies.